A strong role model for young Leaders and Peers, offering outstanding presentation, communication, and cross-cultural team leadership skills. High-energy, results-oriented transformational leader with an entrepreneurial attitude.
M.A. in Business Administration (Distinction),
California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, CA, 2006
Graduate Project Thesis/Publication: “Quality Manual for a Small Business – Amador Lewis, Inc. Consulting Engineers..”
(included work instructions per ISO9001, procedures, and design manual).
B.S. in Architectural Engineering (Dean's Honor List),
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, 1994
• Small business development • Project management • Leadership/communication skills • Product development • Product line expansion • Business operations management • Budgeting expertise • Negotiations expert • Market research and analysis • Customer-oriented
Training Educators, Parents, Engineers, Students and community-at-large about this national STEAM educational program and engineering competition that teaches middle schoolers practical applications of science and math, and using technology to solve engineering problems surrounding socio-economic issues and presenting their solutions by building a tabletop model of their city 150 years into the future.; serving as an executive organizer, fundraiser, and public relations manager. Bringing this program to Central Valley Schools resulted in helping produce CA State Champions in the last 8 consecutive years, from Central Valley Middle Schools.
- Adjunct Professor - August 2015 to Present, California State University Stanislaus. Teaching courses in Mathematics, Operations Management, Accounting and Finance.
- STEAM/Robotics Consultant and Instructor - December 2016 to Present, Sundar “STEAM” Academy.
- STEM/Robotics Consultant and Instructor - August 2010 to Present, CSU Stanislaus.
- Special Consultant and Trainer - August 2010 to Present, Stanislaus County Office Of Education. Training Educators, Parents, Engineers, Students and community-at-large about STEM careers and inspiring girls to explore what is still considered a male-dominated field.
- Traveling Teacher - August 2016 to July 2017, Great Valley Center Museum, Modesto Junior College.
- Regional Coordinator - March 2008 to March 2013, DiscoverE – Future City Competition, Northern CA Region.
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
- Owner, President and Principal Engineer - December 2005 to Present, Amador Lewis, Inc. Consulting Engineers - Turlock, CA. Manage daily small business operations with up to six employees. Perform all structural engineering services offered to customers. Offer services to meet residential, commercial, and industrial building structural requirements. Coordinate with internal and external customers to complete high volume, large, complex projects. Performed evaluations and strengthening the design of existing structures and historic buildings.
- SR. Project Engineer/ Project Manager - March 2004 to March 2006, Complete Engineering Group - Modesto
- Engineering Manager - August 2003 to March 2004, Panelized Structures, Inc. - Modesto, CA
- Civil/Structural Engineer - July 2001 to August 2003, Complere Engineering Group Inc. - Modesto, CA
- Civil Engineer - January 2000 to July 2001, JH Lawder Inc. Structural Engineers - Modesto, CA
- Design Engineer - August 1994 to January 2000, VP Buildings, Inc. - Turlock, CA
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS and CIVIC ACTIVITIES
• Civil Engineer registrations in the States of AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, & WA
• American Leadership Forum, Great Valley Branch, Class IV – Senior Fellow
• Structural Engineers Association of Central California – Associate 1990-Present
• Habitat For Humanity Stanislaus – Board Member 2013-2016
• Leadership Turlock – Certificate of Completion – Class of 2010
• Modesto Rotary – Board Member 2010-2013, International Service Chair 2010-2015
• Modesto Engineers Club – 2004-2005 Secretary/Treasurer, 2005-2006 V.P., 2006-2007 President (First Woman Engineer President since Founded in 1932)
HONORS and AWARDS
• 2015 International Service Distinguished Award – Awarded by Rotary International
• 2015 The White House – Rotary’s Women Of Action – Nominated by Rotary International
• 2012, 2013, and 2015 California State Champ – American Taekwondo Association
• 2013 SouthWest District (CA, UT, NV, AZ) Champ – Xtreme Martial Arts
• 2013, 2015 World’s Top 10 – Songham Taekwondo
• 2014 Engineer Of the Year Recipient – Awarded by San Joaquin Engineers Council
• 2014 Outstanding Women of Stanislaus County – Awarded by Stanislaus County Commission For Women
• 2014 International Service Distinguished Award – Awarded by The Rotary Foundation and Rotary International